Dr. Alyssa Fortuna’s passion for Vision Therapy grew when she shadowed Dr. O’Connor before applying for Optometry School. “This passion grew even more after I was hired to work as a Vision Therapist at Dr. O’Connor’s and I began to see the kids lives change first hand! I remember the Moms saying Dr. O’Connor gave them answers they couldn’t find anywhere else. Their children weren’t stupid or lazy as many people had labeled them – they simply had a vision problem which could be helped. We can train the eye-brain connection to help the eyes function better as a team and to intake information more efficiently in order to be processed more effectively.
Dr. Alyssa is a proud graduate of SUNY Optometry class of 2020 where she:
- Presided as SUNY College of Vision Development (COVD) President 2018-2019 and ran workshops for other students.
Served Internships at:
- SUNY - Vision Rehabilitation & Head Trauma
- NYU Langone – Ocular Disease Hospital
- Buffalo VA – Primary Optometry
- Received the Excellence in Vision Therapy award in May 2020 due to her contributions to the patients and the clinic.