Vision Development of WNY is COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS!
15 months and counting, our blessings, that is! We mourn the loss of loved ones through this dreadful season. At the same time we count the many mercies we’ve received. TOGETHER we’ve come this far, and TOGETHER we will finish well. First, we thank our LORD and Savior for bringing us through. Next, we thank every one of our patients and families who have been patient and understanding of our policies enacted for everyone’s safety.
Rest assured that until COVID-19 is over, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. Our Safety measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Therapy still interactive and fun!
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.